What you’ll need:
tissue paper – whatever colours you like – cut into 1 inch squares
glass vases – I bought cheap ones at the dollar store
1. If you haven’t already done so, cut your tissue paper into 1 inch squares. I put the different coloured tissue paper in different bowls so the kids could easily see which colour they were grabbing.
3. dip your paint brush in the glue and spread some on the outside of the glass vase – nothing goes on the inside so they remain fire-safe!.
4. stick the tissue paper squares on the outside of the vase where you have put some glue. Repeat this process until the entire vase is covered with tissue paper squares.
5. allow the vase to dry completely.
6. once the vase is dry, give it another coat of just glue. This will help “seal” it and secure any loose pieces. Allow to dry completely again.
7. put some tealights in your lanterns and light them at dusk. They really are beautiful!
Here they are in daylight: